Can you get to 2048?
- Yes. Many players are able to get to 2048 after a few games or days.
Rarely in the first game. Once you get the idea of the game, you can try
the corner strategy. You can read more about it on our tips and tricks page.
How can I play 2048 on my computer?
- You can play 2048 on any computer by simply using your browser.
Open 2048game.com, then click on "new game" and use the arrows to
move the tiles. You will find further instructions just below the game itself.
It is free, and you don't have to download any apps from the internet.
Is 2048 a math game?
- 2048 is a popular single-player puzzle game for web and mobile. Many people
think that it is a math game as it is based on numbers. However, it isn't.
You will love it even if you are not good at maths. It's more like logic
and intuition game.
What is the highest score in 2048?
- TLDR: 131,972.
Here it is an example of the board at that point.
You will need some luck, though. To get that very rare score, you need to spawn a 4 tile as your last tile.
In case that you are not that lucky, the theoretical highest score is 2 on the power of 16 or 65,536.
How does scoring works?
- Merging two lower tier blocks together will give you the score of the higher one (score of +8 gained from merging two 4's).
For any specific tile score, you have to add up all the scores from the lower tiers. Here they are some examples:
- Creating a 2 tile = +0pts
- Creating a 4 tile = 4 = +4pts
- 8 = 8 + 2x4 = +16pts
- 16 = 16 + 2x8 + 4x4 = +48pts
- 32 = 32 + 2x16 + 4x8 + 8x4 = +128pts
Why is the game 2048 called 2048?
- Reaching the 2048 tile is your goal. You start from 2 and 4. By merging them
you double the next tile up to 2048. Here they are all the possible tiles:
🚀 2 => 4 => 8 => 16 => 32 => 64 => 128 => 256 => 512 => 1024 => 2048 ✨